That's where my heart is at lately, that is what I believe God wants from me. God my creator, who made me in His image, gave me the desire to create and dream big. But dreaming big alone can blind me to the little things I need to be faithful in today.
Just like in weightloss, I need to be faithful each day to eat right and stay within my points in order to see results one bit at a time. The bigger prize will come over time with my cummalative weight loss. On wednesday after 11 weeks of faithfulness to keeping track of points I have lost a total of 16.8 pounds :-)
Lately I've been dreaming big about my future desires and things I would like to accomplish. But I tread slowly and with caution. I want all my actions and things I pursue to be pleasing to God. I want to surrender to his lead daily. I want my God to be glorified. I don't want to become prideful or take away any glory that belongs to my creator alone.
To be faithful, is my desire. Faithful in the day to day. Submitting to the things God has placed in my heart at each moment. I know without a doubt God is urging me to continue to get rid of more "stuff"... Like getting rid of all the extra clothes I have that I don't wear. To minimize, to simplify, so I'm not held back by trying to maintain "stuff" so much that I have no room to accomplish the dreams and desires that God has placed in my heart. It is overwhelming. I push through regardless. It is so easy to become paralyzed, to allow anxiety of the load to trump action. I committ to action. Pushing through one little step at a time...
Ready. Set. Go.
No comments:
Post a Comment