the purge continues....
I've been working on cleaning out our basement every chance I get, in between the boys naps and late nights. I just did a huge chunk tonight. It can be so overwhelming. So much stuff! Too much stuff!
Made me think again how much stuff I have in my heart and soul that need purging. Stuff I haven't even uncovered. Stuff I shoved away in a corner so I don't have to deal with it. Just like cleaning out the basement I'm continually surprised when i unpack boxes and go through things how much i have shoved away.
Help me Lord to get rid of more of the physical possessions I've held on to that are only destroyed by moth and dust. Give me wisdom to toss what needs to be tossed, to pass on the things others can use, and to sell what we can and use that money toward the non-material things that please you.
I pray the same of my heart. Help me to let go, open up, and release the dusty, dark, areas of my heart that you would fill me with more of your light. Thank you Jesus! Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment