I still feel a heaviness on my heart to get rid of "stuff". I'm constantly reminded that the more time I spend on managing material things the less time I have dedicated to the things of the heart, the important things like my family and friends, the things that matter to my heavenly father.
One area I feel a sense of importance is maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I feel that when I'm at a healthy place physically and emotionally I'm able to better care for and love those around me. So one of the things I'm focusing on getting rid of is my extra weight. Yesterday was my first week of doing weight watchers. I'm excited for this new committment for so many reasons i must list in order to attempt to contain it all:
- Two of my good friends are in it with me
- Learning to make better food choices
- Being a better stewart of the body God has given me
- Having the opportunity to encourage and motivate others through this
- Moving toward a healthier body and getting rid of carrying extra weight
- Learning moderation vs giving into impulse (discipline)
That last one is what I feel i need. I need moderation, i need less. Less of me and the more of the me that God wants me to be. I want to be refined, so that my body and my way of living gives glory to my maker who loves me and takes care of me. I want a simpler life with less distractions and more quiteness and awareness of God's holy spirit around me.
So with this new jump start into weight watchers I'm hoping to revive this blog I started. I'll be documenting what I'm learning and what's stirring in my soul as I lose some extra weight along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment